Prayer - How Praying Together Shapes the Church - PaperbackJohn Onwuchekwa
Part of Building Healthy Churches series.
Examining what Jesus taught about prayer and how the first Christians approached prayer in the early church, this book offers practical advice for those eager to prioritize prayer in their churches.
Embracing the Power of Prayer in the Local Church
Prayer is as necessary to the Christian as breathing is to the human body—but it often doesn’t come quite as naturally. In fact, prayer in the church often gets subtly pushed to the side in favor of pragmatic practices that promise tangible results.
This book focuses on the necessity of regular prayer as a central practice in the local church—awakening us to the need and blessing of corporate prayer by examining what Jesus taught about prayer, how the first Christians approached prayer, and how to prioritize prayer in our congregations.
Table of Contents
- Breathe Again: The Problem of Prayerlessness
- A Class Act: Teach Us to Pray
- The World Is Yours: A Family Led
- Soul Food: A Family Fed
- Roots: A Family Bred
- Glory: The Role of Prayer in Corporate Worship
- Lean on Me: The Role of Prayer in Corporate Care
- Doing the Right Thing: The Role of Prayer in Missions
Conclusion: Fighting Temptations
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Weight : 0.220 kg
- Dimensions : 17.78 × 12.7 × 1.35 cm
- Format : Paperback
- ISBN : 9781433559471
- Language : English
- Pages : 144
- Publisher : For The Truth