We all know what it is to feel discontented with our lives — with what we have, how much we can get, what we do, who we live with, how we are and what the future promises.
The constant hunger for something more may seem like the aches and pains of growing old — something that we must just put up with in this far-from-perfect world. But the Bible shows that discontent is the symptom of a lethal disease that will kill us if we do not find a cure. It was discontent that first led humans into rebellion against God, with the catastrophic consequences that have followed from that decision.
Yet Jesus Christ promises that anyone who believes in Him will never again hunger or thirst. The apostle Paul was able to say that he had learned the secret of being content in any and every situation — in need or in plenty. Discontent is a problem of our hearts not our circumstances. This Good Book Guide can help us to understand why we become discontented, how Jesus Christ alone can help us, and on a practical level, how Christian living can bring the treasure of contentment to our daily lives.
Table of Contents
1. Eve: from doubt to disaster (Genesis 3)
2. Sarah: from unbelief to faith (Genesis (various passages))
3. Rahab: from fear to faith (Joshua 2 & 6)
4. Deborah: from oppression to praise (Judges 4)
5. Hannah: from grief to gratitude (1 Samuel 1)
6. Abigail: from folly to wisdom (1 Samuel 25)
7. The Shunammite: from death to life (2 Kings 4 v 8-37)
8. The godly wife: from wisdom to honor (Proverbs 31 v 10-31)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.