How the Church Protects the Name of Jesus
Provides an accessible framework for understanding church discipline, offering nine case studies and several practical considerations for leading a church through disciplinary situations with grace and truth.
Church discipline is essential to building a healthy church. So how exactly do we practice church discipline? Jonathan Leeman helps us face the endless variety of circumstances and sins for which no scriptural case study exists, sins that don’t show up on any list and need a biblical framework to be corrected appropriately in love. Here is a contemporary and concise how-to guide that provides a theological framework for understanding and implementing disciplinary measures in the local church, along with several examples of real-life situations and the corresponding responses.
PART 1: ESTABLISHING A FRAMEWORK
1. The Biblical Basics of Discipline
2. A Gospel Framework for Understanding Discipline
3. When Is Discipline Necessary?
4. How Does a Church Practice Discipline?
5. How Does Restoration Work?
PART 2: APPLYING THE FRAMEWORK—CASE STUDIES
6. The Adulterer
7. The Addict
8. The “Hits the News” Lawbreaker
9. The Bruised Reed
10. The Nonattending Member
11. The Faithfully-Attending and Divisive Nonmember
12. The Preemptive Resigner
13. The Newly-Decided Unbeliever
14. The Family Member
PART 3: GETTING STARTED
15. Before You Discipline, Teach
16. Before You Discipline, Organize
|Dimensions||18.03 × 12.95 × 1.52 cm|
The Pastor’s Soul
Leaders Who Follow
Isaiah For You
How Can I Pray?
What Makes Us Human?
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.